Employee Handbooks - HR Policies and procedures
Well-written staff handbooks are really important to a business because they communicate the employer’s HR policies and procedures to their employees.
It is essential to have staff handbooks for your employees that:
- outline the employer’s expectations with regard to conduct;
- clearly set out disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- explain policies relating to data protection;
- have a redundancy policy;
- set out clear strategies relating to equal opportunities, the prevention of discrimination, bullying or harassment;
- make clear employees’ rights to time off work including annual leave, maternity, paternity and parental leave, and the right to apply for flexible working.
It is also advisable to have clear policies relating to the use of telephones, internet and e-mail communications at work in your employee handbooks.
Lawrite HR Employee Handbook Templates
The Lawrite Employment Law Documents Software provides staff handbook templates as ready to use documents, and also templates for contracts of employment and letters to employees.
It is one of the UK's leading employment law solutions, with more than 60,000 copies delivered to subscribers.
The Employment Law Documents Software content includes:
- Templates for contracts of employment, a contractor's agreement, and directors' service agreements;
- Templates for staff handbooks for all employees outlining disciplinary and grievance procedures, maternity, paternity and parental leave, equal opportunities, sickness and absence, holidays, use of e-mail and internet at work, data protection, etc;
- Templates for letters and forms to use when dealing with employees, including those required to fairly operate disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy procedures, performance review procedures, applications for maternity and paternity leave, flexible working, etc;
- Detailed and helpful guides and manuals covering employment law and HR issues, including an A to Z law guide, a detailed employment law manual, an HR guide and a guide to the document templates;
- Online content for news and updates. We ensure you are kept up to date with changes in the law and have the information and documents required to deal with them;
- Templates for a health and safety policy, a health and safety statement, and risk assessment forms, and a health and safety law manual;
- More than 120 document templates and 700 pages of useful guidance (pdf);
- Software download for Windows (XP, Vista, 7 and 8 desktop).
Lawrite Staff Handbook contents:
Policies and procedures:
- Conduct policy
- Disciplinary procedure
- Grievance procedure
- Performance review procedure
- Absence from work and sickness policy and procedure
- Holiday policy
- Time off for dependants policy
- Parental leave policy
- Maternity leave policy
- Paternity leave policy
- Adoption leave policy
- Flexible working policy
- Equality and equal opportunities policy
- Disability discrimination policy
- Health and safety policy
- E-mail and internet policy
- Data protection policy
- Whistle-blowing policy
- Smoke-free policy
- Redundancy policy
- Alcohol and drug misuse policy
- Stress at work policy
- Conflict of interest policy
- Sabbaticals policy
- Anti-bribery and corruption policy
Letters and forms to deal with:
- Contract amendment
- Disciplinary and performance review procedures
- Grievance procedure
- Redundancy procedure
- Family-friendly procedures
- Employment and recruitment
- Data protection
- Access to medical records
- Flexible working
Employment Law Documents Software - an annual licence to use our employment law documents template software. It's the essential 'employment law toolkit' for employers in the UK.
Employment Law Service - Access to our telephone legal advice line, and employment law documents template software.
Employment Law Plus - Protection from defence costs of Employment Tribunal claims, with telephone legal advice line, and employment law documents template software.
Buy a subscription.
If you would prefer to have contracts of employment for your employees individually drafted to your instructions, together with staff handbooks, this is available, with an enhanced level of legal and HR support, as part of the Lawrite Managed HR service.